Shia LaBeouf Is Donezo With 'Transformers'

We've come to know and love Shia LeBouf as the action-hunk hero in Transformers, but we're going to have to rewire our minds. The actor has confirmed to MTV that after starring in three installments of the movie, he's going to lay his Sam Witwicky role to rest. 

"I'm not coming back to do another one. I don't think [director Michael Bay] will either," he said. "It's still a hot property, I think, especially coming out of the third one. So I imagine they'll reboot it at some point with someone else."

Could this be political aftermath since 2009's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen received negative reviews and earned LaBeouf and Megan Fox a shared "Worst Screen Couple of 2009" nomination? Probably not, since the film still grossed $800 million. 

LaBeouf, who has a thing for uber-successful but critically panned films (Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps followed the same trajectory) is still amped about next month's release ofTransformers: Dark of the Moon. 

"This is the best movie we've made, I'm serious," he said. "It's not a joke. I'm dead honest, man. I get myself in trouble all the time, but this is our best installment. It's our best movie."