Beyonce: "I hate Jay-Z's fragrance"

Singer admits pregnancy is playing havoc with her sense of smell

Beyonce: "I hate Jay-Z's fragrance"( c 2011 Starlounge)


She recently announced that she is expecting her first child with rapper Jay-Z, but despite looking forward to motherhood Beyonce Knowles admits pregnancy has one major drawback - she can't stand her hubby's fragrance.

The 30-year old singer - currently promoting her Beyonce Pulse perfume - has been giving Jay's Rocawear scent the thumbs down over recent weeks because her newfound pregnancy has been playing havoc with her sense of smell.

"Oh! My nose is like 'doot, doot, doot'! I smell everything!", she told Hello Beautiful. "It enhances it. If it smells bad, I smell it! My husband's fragrance, his one that I always love, I hate right now. So, thank God I love this one."

Beyonce broke the news of her pregnancy at the MTV Video Music Awards in September, and she admits the idea to announce it so publicly came to her in her sleep.

"You know, I dreamt it, actually," she told Access Hollywood. "There were so many rumors about me being pregnant every three months for the past couple of years - I thought the best way and classiest way was to just show it.

"And my husband and I have been together for 10 years, so I guess people felt a part of it and it makes me feel really good."